About Confident Choices
The Confident Choices program was designed by LeadingAge Minnesota, the state's largest association of organizations that serve older adults. The requirements for Confident Choices designation have been developed by experienced senior housing providers and are focused on practices that have a direct impact on the resident experience.
In addition, Confident Choices is guided by an Advisory Council of respected consumer advocates and experts, including:
- Krista Boston, Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Lois Cutler, U of M - School of Public Health
- Hal Freshley, Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Lee Graczyk, Mature Voices
- Deb Holtz, Office of Ombudsman for LTC
- Kate Houston, Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging
- Rosalie Kane, U of M - School of Public Health
- Michele Kimball, AARP Minnesota
- Gayle Kvenvold, LeadingAge Minnesota
- Lori Meyer, LeadingAge Minnesota
- Kristi Wergin, Stratis Health
- Mary Youle, LeadingAge Minnesota
- Pam Zimmerman, Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging
Recognized by Senior LinkAge Line
In 2011, the Senior LinkAge Line, operated by the Minnesota Board on Aging, added the Confident Choices designation to its database of senior care providers. This offers consumers a valuable new tool as they gather information about assisted living and other senior living communities in their area.
Click here to find a Confident Choices for Senior Living community in your area, or call the Senior LinkAge Line® at 1.800.333.2433.